It depends on quantity and location! We ship some UPS Ground. Others via various freight carriers. And we deliver a lot of orders ourselves to get you the best cost possible on used barrels. Our website checkout process is set up to auto-calculate to get you the best shipping rates!
We connect you with the high-quality authentic used barrels you need for you home, business, event, or DIY project
Our quality requirements
✔️Our barrels are authentic, genuine used whiskey barrels
✔️We retain that highly sought-after rustic appeal
✔️Our barrels have at least one nice flat barrel head to use as the 'top'
✔️There are NO major cracks or other damages
✔️It is freshly-dumped, which ensures the barrel is structurally sound
✔️The metal bands around the barrels or "Hoops" are tightly-secured
✔️It is liquid-tight, perfect for rain barrels!
✔️We have over 120 5-star reviews!
✔️We have unbeatable delivery and flat-rate shipping options!
Weights and Dimensions
• Height: 35"
• Diameter (Belly): 26"
• Diameter (head): 22"
• Capacity: 53 gallons
• Weight: 125 lbs.
• Origin: Various distilleries
Questions & Answers
How do the barrels ship?
Do the barrels have distillery stamps on them?
Most of the barrels we currently have do have a stamp on the barrel head. We have come to prioritize the quality of the barrel over finding barrels with particular stamps!
Can I leave the whiskey barrels outside?
Will the barrel hold water?
A barrel creates and maintains a watertight seal by the wood of the barrel staying well hydrated with the product it contains (whiskey, wine, beer, etc.)
So as received, the barrel will hold water! There may be small leaks at first, but as that wood rehydrates, it will reseal.
Every year, we have a countless number of customers who use the whiskey barrels to make rain barrels and other projects that require the barrel to hold liquid.
The key to keeping the barrel liquid-tight is to keep some liquid in the barrel at all times. If you let the barrel dry out for an extended period of time, it will lose its seal and need to be 'rehydrated' to reseal.
What size stools should I pair with my new barrel?
The barrels sit at 35 inches tall, which is considered "counter-height". (Same height as a standard kitchen counter or island.) Therefore "counter-height stools", which are between 24-26 inches tall pair perfectly next to the barrels!
Is there anything we need to do to the barrel once we get it?
If locating a used barrel indoors, here are a few recommendations:
1. As described, the barrels are recently dumped from the distillery. Sometimes the barrels even have a tiny bit of whiskey left inside! To avoid staining any floors, you want to ensure that the barrel is not showing any signs of moisture or dripping from the bottom.
2. Consider washing down or sanding the barrel to remove any surface dirt. Also, consider putting a small rug underneath the barrel to further protect your floors.
3. Dry indoor air can often dry out a barrel. This can result in the barrel hoops/bands loosening and sometimes shifting or falling. We recommend securing each hoop to the barrel using sheet metal screws, or drilling a hole and adding a wood screw or nail. 3 fasteners per hoop should do the trick!
4. In case you're interested, we also refurbish the barrels in house here at Mystic Barrels and take care of all of this work for you! Resulting in a stunning new piece of furniture. Here is the link to our furniture pieces!
How will my barrels be shipped?
It depends on quantity and location. We run our own delivery trucks and also ship freight with over a dozen different carriers. Because of that, prices can vary. Please reach out to get a quote so we can ensure we get you the best deal!
Where is Mystic Barrels located?
Our shop is located in New Kensington, Pennsylvania, just north of Pittsburgh. Here at our shop, we transform each of used barrels into stunning furniture for your home or business! If you're in the area, you're always welcome to stop by as well.
For any other questions, feel free to reach out!
- Email: info@MysticBarrels.com
- Phone: 724-304-2674
- Or use our website chat feature!